Dear Sail Readers,
After a long delay, here we launch the August issue of Sail Magazine. As some of you know, I had some personal issues because of which this delay occurred in this month. I thank you all for your constant support and encouragement.
This month has an interesting mix in its content:
- Think Aloud: The holy month of Ramadan. Now that Ramdan is around the corner, we thought about talking about it, the traditions of Ramadan, some history on Ramadan as a month and on fasting.
- Interview: This issue’s interview is with Hala Kazim, the owner of “Journey Through Change”. A remarkable woman with a remarkable journey. How she found a business from what she enjoys doing the most.
- Culture: A group of Emiratis recently went on a trip to China to explore its culture. Wael Al Sayegh, who was among the group, is sharing with us two poems he was inspired to write on this experience.
- Spotlight: A TED talk by Dr. Naif Al Muttawa, in which he talks about the importance of superheroes for any generation.
I hope you enjoy the read.
Please note, we may not launch a September issue, but we are working on introducing new columns for new issues. So stay tuned as always.
I know many of you are asking for a newsletter subscription to notify you with new issues as they are published. Though we did launch a form for that purpose last month, for some technical issues out of our control, it got removed. However, for now, as an intermediate solution, please do send us on firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can notify you on the next issue.
Many thanks to all of you.
With warm regards,
Iman Ben Chaibah
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016