Dear Sail Readers,
Year 2010 has just passed us by with so many that happened around us and so much that has been done by us. Today, we enter year 2011, filled with dreams and goals of what can be achieved if we only put our efforts in it.
In this issue we welcome onboard a returning writer: Rooda AlNeama, the writer of the “Blunders of a Wannabe Entrepreur” column in which she write about her startup. Now she joins us with a new column called: “Microscopic Me” in which she hopes to share her thoughts and experiences on certain topics from the community.
Also, joining the Sail team from this month is Reem Abdalla, as a writer of the new column “Words, Observations, and ramblings”. Through her column she explores issues in society and discusses emerging new trends. Listen to other people’s thought and view their perspectives about the subject. Then raise questions and form unbiased conclusions about it
So let us start the New Year with reflections and articles written for you by Sail team:
- Just Another Undergrad: Fatma Bujsaim talks about people who come and go. Whether we learned this the hard way or the easy way, people change and we cannot control it.
- Living Through The Eyes of Art: Hamda Al Hashemi writes about a shot from a camera lens that awakened her conscious; she now sees what her mind disregarded and dismissed everyday of my life.
- Microscopic Me: Rooda Al Neama explores her feelings about Qatar 2022 before and after the win, and what she thinks it means for the Arab world.
- Scenes From Life: Rawan Albina explains how to have a process that helps you stick to your new year’s resolutions and make them happen
- Society of Tomorrow: Mohamed Al Junaibi expresses his reflections on the year 2010 tech trends and how they helped make the world a little different.
- Words, Observations, and Ramblings: Reem Abdalla writes about the UAE national dress and view the different perspectives associated with it
- Spotlights: A video captured from the movie “The Pursuit of Happiness” that preaches how to protect your dreams.
I hope you all have a great year ahead.
Enjoy the read.
With warm regards,
Iman Ben Chaibah
Founder/ Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016