Dear Sail Readers,
Here we publish today our 19th issue of Sail eMagazine. And yet again we have an addition to our Sail team and we have a syndication to shed some light on.
Mariam ARMS joins our team as an illustrator, and you will be seeing some of her work along with our other illustrator Dubai Abulhoul between our columns from this month onwards.
As for the syndication, we have found an interesting blog run by a group of Emiratis called “The Open Majlis”. And they recently published an article tackling an issue that seemed of an interest and worth syndication. We hope you enjoy it and check their blog on http://theopenmajlis.blogspot.com/
Below is the brief about our 19th issue’s columns:
- Art of Living 101: Hamda AlHashemi advises in her column that if you are looking for a friend who will be a good influence on you and who will never turn his back on you, then the best prescription for that is reading a “book”.
- Community Talk: Khalid AlAmeri discusses how we should take a more human approach to leadership and leadership development
- Just Another Undergrad: Fatma Bujsaim writes about lies, whether they were white or black, lies remains a lies.
- Scenes from Life: Rawan Albina describes how certain places can have great influence on our feelings.
- The First Years Last Forever: Ayesha AlJanahi gives tips on preparing your child for kindergarten, how to choose the right nursery, and how to deal with separation anxiety.
- Syndication: The Open Majlis tackles the dress code in malls in the UAE
- The Mind’s Eye: Moadh Bukhash explores a number of characters that arise in the face of change and are affected by it. He then analyzes their personalities and ways of living.
- Too Blunt For Words: Fatma Alkhaja explains how other people manage to interfere in your work and delaying the task.
- Words, Observations, and Ramblings: Reem Abdalla discusses creativity used in advertising and how it has been fading in the UAE. She also takes a look at a very creative campaign held in South Korea and how it attracted new customers.
Sail eMagazine’s 19th Issue – October 2011
Here We Start – Art of Living 101 – Community Talk – Just Another Undergrad
Scenes from Life – Syndication – The First Years Last Forever
The Mind’s Eye – Too Blunt for Words – Words, Observations, and Ramblings
Enjoy the read!
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016