Dear Sail Readers,
We proudly present to you this month our 20th issue of Sail eMagazine. It is a great journey we have crossed and we still have much more to offer in the coming issues.
This issue we are joined with a new member, Alanoud AlMadhi, she joins us with her column “Beyond Inspiration” in which she shares her personal experiences, struggles, and aha moments that she hopes can spark a flame within the reader to act upon their desires to reaching their full potential and adding value to their societies.
Also, Rooda AlNeama, who is one of our very first columnists on Sail, is now back to her first column “Blunders of a Wannabe Entrepreneur” in which she reflects on her journey with her startup from her life experiences.
This issue covers different topics across our community. We’ve got a eulogy to Steve Jobs, ecology & recycling, education, creativity, and much more! Below is a sneak look into what our team contributed with for this month:
- Art of Living 101: Hamda AlHashmi shows us that if you want to see change in the world, you ought to start with yourself and the rest will follow.
- Beyond Inspiration: Alanoud AlMadhi tells us her story with finding her talent in public speaking, and her journey of molding it and shining it through.
- Blunders of a Wannabe Entrepreneur: Rooda AlNeama shares with us the versatile lessons she learnt from her trek in a South Indian forest.
- Just Another Undergrad: Fatma Bujsaim discusses the idea of marriage and commitment during a girls’ education period at university.
- Society of Tomorrow: As the world mourns the loss of one of the greatest tech icons, Steve Jobs; Mohamed Al Juneibi looks back at the inspiration Jobs has had in on his life, and discusses the state of tech innovations.
- Too Blunt for Words: Fatma AlKhaja reflects on how things have changed for kids and how the good old days are gone.
- To The Point: Mohammed Kazim emphasizes the existence of poverty amongst Emirati families in the UAE and suggests 3 ways of effectively contributing towards a larger scale solution.
- Words, Observations, and Ramblings: Reem Abdalla looks at the educational system in terms of structure, standardization, and how creativity fits as part of the system.
And of course, don’t forget to check our illustrations by our Dubai Abulhoul & Mariam ARMS ;)
Sail eMagazine’s 20th Issue – November 2011
Here we start – Art of Living 101 – Beyond Inspiration
Blunders of a Wannabe Entrepreneur – Just Another Undergrad – Society of Tomorrow
Too Blunt for Words – To The Point – Words, Observations, and Ramblings
Enjoy the read!
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016