As many of you know, we celebrated our 2nd anniversary last month with a number of our readers & followers in the Pavilion, Downtown Dubai. It was a great event that included a discussion panel with Sail Team moderated by Aida AlBusaidy, one of our own advisory board members. You can find all the pictures taken here.
The discussion panel mainly revolved around the articles that were compiled as the best-ranked articles for each of our columns and printed in our first print volume, which was given away to the audience.
We also launched on our Anniversary, our new look of the magazine, which you will notice facilitates browsing through the magazine and its different columns & categories.
It is also worth noting that we are marking our 25th issue with this month’s issue. Here is the brief of our issue:
- Art of Living 101: Hamda AlHashemi reflects on the kind of person she’d want to be seen as, and urges us to do the same.
- Just Another Undergrad: Fatma Bujsaim looks at the types of research and why we should look for new pieces of information.
- Scenes from Life: Rawan Albina writes about authenticity and the value of telling the truth and holding on to your principles.
- Sense and Sustainability: Haif Zamam explains how good ideas can be funded.
- Special Contribution: Ayesha AlMazrou, a guest writer and a journalism student in Zayed University, analyzes the effect of certain social norms on the Emirati women’s independence.
- The First Years Last Forever: Ayesha AlJanahi discusses child abuse from different angles and how can we notice the signs.
- The Mind’s Eye: Moadh Bukhash takes a current view at what he could say to his unborn child from his life’s learned lessons.
- Too Blunt For Words: Fatma AlKhaja writes about demons at work and whether they are a reason to stay at work or to change it.
And of course, don’t forget to enjoy our illustrations by Dubai Abulhoul & Fatma AlHashemi.
Enjoy the reads!
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016