Dear Sail Readers,
As we enter the summer holiday, 2 of our Sail Team are graduating from their universities. Fatma Bujsaim & Hamda AlHashemi grew along and through Sail in their own ways, which is something you would notice through out their columns from their start till now.
Sadly, as Fatma Bujsaim is graduating, her column: “Just Another Undergrad” is coming to an end with her graduation. She will still stay within the team with a different role, but of course, the doors will always be open for her to start a new column of her choice.
We wish class 2012 best of luck in their future. And may the best of their years be ahead of them!
Let’s go through this issue’s brief!
Issue #27 – June 2012
- Art of Living101: Hamda AlHashemi ponders upon getting somewhere or achieving something, and what compromises you would have to take along the way.
- Beyond Inspiration: AlAnoud AlMadhi illustrates interesting observations around the question of defining your authentic self.
- Blunders of a Wannabe Entrepreneur: Rooda AlNeama discusses the importance of supporting local business to sustain communities.
- Just Another Undergrad: in Fatma Bujsaim’s last article for this column, she explains that goodbye’s are not always the end.
- Sense and Sustainability: Haif Abdulla interviews Sara Falaknaz from Innovation Machine about Startup Weekend events in the region.
- The First Years Last Forever: Ayesha AlJanahi studies verbal child abuse in depth, and its effect on children in the long run.
- Too Blunt for Words: Fatma AlKhaja explains why she prefers to maintain her personal privacy at work, and why should you do the same.
- Words, Observations, & Ramblings: Reem Abdalla examines the emotional distress the human mind, body and soul goes through and how it affects their life.
Enjoy the reads & don’t forget to check out our illustrations by Dubai Abulhoul & Fatma AlHashemi!
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016