Dear Sail Readers,
For our 32nd issue, we have a new member joining us through a very unique column. Budoor Al Yousuf takes a unique look at the world around her. She applies a sense of the mystical to everyday happenstance and turns it on its head. The result is her column: “Mental Pondering”.
Through this issue we are targeting many different topics that we hope you find interesting and valuable. We always look forward for your discussions on the articles to build new perspectives for all of us.
Here is our content’s listing for November 2012 – Issue #32:
- Beyond Inspiration – “One Well.” Restated His Highness: AlAnoud AlMadhi highlights the significant statement that H.H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed emphasized during Bill Gates’ visit which the media overlooked.
- Guest Piece in Parenting – “Mums” The Word: Aida AlBusaidi reflects on her experience with pregnancy and parenthood.
- Mental Pondering – The Insanity Proposition: Budoor AlYousuf embraces insanity in different situations in life in order to stay sane
- Rebel with A Reason – Arabs Don’t Read: Dubai Abulhoul sheds light on the issue of how Arabs don’t read.
- The Mind’s Eye – x = x or x + y = ?: Moadh Bukhash discusses relationships and boils them down to two types: a complimentary relationship and a relationship of equals.
- Too Blunt for Words – True or False?: Fatma AlKhaja explains gossiping at work and its negative effects on individuals
- Words, Observations, and Ramblings – When Life Hands You Lemons: Reem Abdallah examines the commonly used phrase “When Life Hands You Lemons Make lemonade” and its metaphorical context.
Enjoy the reads and don’t forget to enjoy our illustrations by Fatma AlHashemi.
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016