Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016
Dear Sail Readers,
With our 36th issue, we are celebrating our 3rd anniversary and starting our 4th year of running Sail eMagazine. Our journey has been a beautiful one, with many ups and downs along the way. Starting with only 2 members to now reach almost 25 members between writers, editors, and illustrators. Some members are still with us since the first year, some have left, some has rejoined, and new members are always joining us and adding new flavors to the team.
What started as a simple idea to bring back the reading and writing in the community has outgrown itself into having an amazing creative art team, strong editorial team, and a versatile team of writers from all aspects of life and all ages, and of course, an amazing community of supporters who believed in what Sail eMagazine is about, and always looked forward to viewing the new issues month by month.
No words can describe how grateful and humbled I am by where we reached. And I’m hoping together we will reach further and newer heights always.
We are planning to host a bi-annual discussion forum in which we will have Sail team panels discussing their articles, artworks, and editorial views, and allowing the audience to ask the team and discuss with them their points as well. The dates are still not decided on, but make sure you subscribe with us (by filling this form here) and follow our social media accounts to stay updated with our news and upcoming event.
In this month we have 2 new members joining our creative team: Anood AlMulla & Mai. You will see their creative artwork brightening from this issue onwards.
Also in this issue we have 2 guest entries. Our advisory member, Aida AlBusaidi with her timely entry about Expo2020 & Dubai’s bid. The second entry is by Abdullah AlSuwaidi about how we manage our everyday with technologies.
Here is our content’s listing for March 2013 – Issue #36:
- Art of Living 101 – A Thousand Reflections: What do you see?: Hamda AlHashemi believes all experiences are reflections of ourselves, which reflections do you see?
- Feature – Why Not Dubai? World Expo 2020: Aida AlBusaidy gives us a background about Expo2020 and Dubai’s bid, and why Dubai should win the bid.
- Food for Thought – Activation of a Healthy Nation: Shaima AlTamimi aims to look at best practice methods in raising healthy awareness in the UAE.
- Guest Article – Fasting By Slowing: Abdullah AlSuwaidi urges us to stop and think things over before continuing
- Mental Pondering – Selective Amnesia Elixir: Budoor AlYousuf explains that overcoming bad days and bad memories is a choice that every person has to make.
- Modern Philosophies – The Ultimate Source of Power (Part One): Khaled Bin Hamad reflects on mental toughness being the most important weapon against life’s challenges.
- The Mind’s Eye – Uncertainty Breeds Contempt: Moadh Bukhash ponders about transparency as a taught science with endless benefits. He explores the factors behind the negativity around a lack of transparency.
- Tifosi – Performance Enhancing Drugs in the Sports World: Khalifa AlHajeri explains why the sporting world continues to struggle with facing the illegal use of drugs to improve performance.
- Words, Observations, and Ramblings – Walking for Education with Dubai Cares: Reem Abdalla talks about her experience in contributing to a noble cause. Dubai Cares- ‘Walk for Education’ to raise funds for children in developing countries to help provide them with quality primary education.
We hope you enjoy the reads and don’t forget to check out our illustrations by Fatma AlHashemi, Anood AlMulla, & Mai.
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief