Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016
First of all, we are very proud to announce that Sail has won the UAE’s “Young Digital Publishing Entrepreneur Award” for the year 2014 from the British Council. The judging criteria were one of the toughest we’ve gone through between the awards we’ve previously applied to, and it went in depth in our digital publishing experience and learning. Even after we were shortlisted, we still had a thorough interview by the awards jury, which was composed of Her Excellency Sheika Bodour Al Qasimi, the Founder of Kalimat publication Group and Matthew Cowdery, Middle East Gross Sales Manager for Hachette UK Ltd.
This is an international award and the other winners for this year are from China, Brazil, South Africa, Russia, Columbia, and Spain. All the winners will be heading to the UK for a tour in the digital industry there to exchange knowledge and expertise, and to gain further insights into the industry.
Sail wouldn’t be where it is if it wasn’t for the amazing team that stands behind it, and if it wasn’t for our amazing readers and the community’s support. So I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
On a separate note, as you know, we’ve just hosted our 4th year anniversary celebration last month. It was a great success and beautiful celebration of what Sail has accomplished so far between our readers & supporters. Click on the image here to go to our Facebook picture album page to view all the pictures taken in the event.
For those who have missed the event and would like to get a copy of the special printed issue, you can find it in:
- Hugo Café in Palm Strip Jumeira
- The Archive in Safa Park
- Pavilion Downtown
Let us know if you couldn’t find it in any of those locations so we restock it there, and tell us where else would you like to find the magazine. You can also request to have more copies for your offices as some have already requested.
During March we had some great media coverage about the anniversary and about the award we won, below are some of the links:
- Arabic newspapers:
And now to our issue #49 – April 2014 in brief:
- Hidden Promises – The Demons Hide: Alia AlHazami reflects on how we usually let our demons get the best of us instead of conquering them.
- Lost in Reverie – To My Teenage Readers: Alwid Lootah writes to her teenage readers, expressing how being a teenager feels like and encourages youth to start now and achieve their dreams.
- Mental Pondering – The Behavior Cycle: Budoor AlYousuf researches how feelings towards a situation are created? Do thoughts provoke feelings and behaviors towards situations or do situations dictate feelings and behaviors?
- Out of Copyright – Awake During Surgery: “Am I In Hell?”: Muna AlMulla discusses a phenomenon called “Anesthesia awareness”. Some patients undergo surgery, however, with no prior warning can wake up during it and be traumatized either emotionally or physically for the long term.
- To A Better Tomorrow – Take A Look and Reveal The Lies: Salma Bin Faqqas researches into the subconscious part of our minds that controls everything occurring to us involuntarily. When someone hides the truth, his subconscious mind shows exactly the opposite through his body language.
Enjoy our reads, and don’t forget to check out our illustrations by our creative team: Anood AlMulla, Dana Al Attar, Hayat AlHassan, Marwa Fadhel, and Maryam Zainal.
To keep up with our monthly-published issues and to know about any of our coming events, make sure you register with us by clicking here.
Help us spread the word about the magazine and share the articles with your friends!
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief