Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016
It’s almost that time of the year again, the time we celebrate our anniversary with all our readers and loyal audience. I’m more than honored and excited to finally officially invite you all to our 5TH ANNIVERSARY!! Please mark your calendar to join us:
Date: Saturday, 21st of February 2015
Time: 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Venue: Dubai International Writers Center (newly opened just beside Heritage Village) Map
RSVP on: RSVP@SailEMagazine.com
In the anniversary, aside of the main agenda that will be shared soon on our social media accounts, we will also be announcing many new developments in Sail, and so we’d love to have you all there.
As you know from our previous months announcements, we’ve now expanded into digital books publishing. Our first published book was “Alayah”, details in our previous month’s editorial. Our second book published just few days ago is called “Just Read It”, written by Omar AlBusaidy. The book is a day-to-day guide on self-development and touches upon the topics of emotional and social intelligence. It is addressed to the youth as well as professionals who wish to pursue greater achievements in both their personal and professional lives.
And now to our 59th issue for the month of February 2015:
- Guest Article – My Social Media Suicide: Alia Al Shamsi explains the reasoning behind her decision to completely disconnect from social media for a while.
- Accentuate Your Beauty – Let’s Be Frank: Deema AlMheiri discusses two hype-worthy beauty products.
- Crack The Core Code – Children of the World: Ahlam Bolooki explores the pre-destined circumstances children are brought into, and the considerations of bringing human life into the world.
- Ebb and Flow – Pink Eye: Dr. Mariam Ketait explains to us why we get pink eyes and how to manage it.
- Emirati Reflections – The Old Mosque: Abdulla AlWahedi talks about his experience of visiting different mosques in the UAE and the importance of preserving old mosques.
- Joie De Vivre – The Joy Of Admitting You’re Not Happy: Haif Zamzam discusses the joy she found during a short time of unhappiness.
- Lost in Reverie – It’s 2015 Already?: Alwid Lootah reflects about the time it finally hits you that a new year have arrived, it’s time to sum up 2014 and hope for a better new year.
- Musings of an Entrepreneur – The E-Word and 5 Lessons: Sidiqa Sohail shares 5 lessons she learnt within the first two months of starting a business.
- Notes of The Night – Chemicals & Conversations: Mustafa Abbas stresses on the fact that people’s friends represent who they are.
- Of Ships and Kings – The Patriot: With the UAE recently celebrating 43 years of success and development, Omar Al Owais discusses how additional development may be achieved through our attitudes.
- Pocket Full of Books – The Hobbit: Fantasy and Adventure Through The Eyes of A Middle Earth-ian: Maitha AlMuhairi writes a book review on “The Hobbit”, which was written by J. R. R. Tolkien in 1937.
- The First Years Last Forever – Children On Downhill Drive: Ayesha AlJanahi reflects on the traumatic experience of divorce and how custodial parents can help their children cope with it.
- The Heart of The Making – The Scent Makers: Moza AlMatrooshi through visiting an Oud factory proved that so much more care and effort are poured into little vials of perfume than previously imagined.
- The Words Within – What Will People Say?: Bahar AlAwadhi discusses a question that dictates the way many families make decisions and choose to live their lives.
Hats off to our incredible editorial team: Aida Al Busaidy, Dhabya AlMuhairi, and Deena Rashid. Enjoy our reads, and don’t forget to check out the inspired artworks by our talented creative team: Hayat AlHassan, Marwa Fuad, led by Maryam Zainal.
To keep up with our monthly-published issues and to know about any of our coming events, make sure you register with us by clicking here.
Help us spread the word about the magazine and share the articles with your friends!
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief