Our 26th Issue is a freshly short issue touching on issues essential to all of us, including courage, optimism, graduation, maternity leave, performance appraisals, and logic and Islam.
During our 2nd Anniversary, we played a short video that included some of our Sail team, talking about their experiences with the magazine, along with Sail’s vision and goals. You can now have a look at the video through this link.
May 2012 – 26th Issue:
- Beyond Inspiration: AlAnoud AlMadhi shows that merely trying hard enough could truly be good enough.
- Just Another Undergrad: Fatma Bujsaim facing the unknown of the future after graduating from university; what should one do with his/her fear?
- Special Contribution: Aida AlBusaidy, writes a guest article about women’s struggles in the UAE when it comes to maternity leave.
- The Mind’s Eye: Moadh Bukhash responds to the argument: ‘set your expectations low, so your pleasures are magnified’.
- To The Point: Mohammed Kazim describes the “I know better” phenomenon in which believers think they have the cognitive capability to dispute Allah’s commands.
- Too Blunt for Words: Fatma AlKhaja discusses performance appraisals and the forced distribution in organizations.
And of course don’t forget to enjoy our illustrations by Dubai Abulhoul & Fatma AlHashemi.
Enjoy the reads.
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016