Dear Sail Readers,
As we publish our 29th issue, we are now almost reaching the middle of the Holy month of Ramadan, a month that a lot of us feel our souls & hearts softening further, become more considerate and merciful towards others, a month that has so many blessings which I wish all of you are enjoying along with us.
We welcome in this issue yet another new columnist, but not a new member to the Sail team. We are welcoming Dubai Abulhoul, who was one of our illustrators, joining us a columnist with her column: “Rebel with A Reason”, in which she expresses her opinions in certain topics justifying them in her own ways. We definitely hope you’ll enjoy her column as you enjoyed her illustrations before!
Here is the summary of our Issue #29 – August 2012:
- Art of Living 101: Hamda AlHashemi in her article “Ego, SIT!” shows us how even though we might think that it’s all about us, the truth is: It’s not.
- Emirati Dimensions: Ahmad AlGergawi in his article “The New Normal” explains the difference of the different types of success that our society perceives.
- Rebel With A Reason: Dubai Abulhoul in her article “The Arab Media” highlights the importance of documenting the Islamic history in the Arab Media.
- Scenes From Life: Rawan Albina in her article “Fake Identity” tells us about her experience with adding a fake person on her profile and what she learned from it
- To The Point: Mohammed Kazim in his article “Piety Through Purification of Body and Soul” describes Ramadan as a time to attain piety through two main channels: the purification of body and soul.
- Too Blunt For Words: Fatma AlKhaja in her article “Handling Unprofessionalism” explains how to spot rudeness in email communications at work, and how to handle it.
- Words, Observations, and Ramblings: Reem Abdalla in her article “Repenting: The Easy Way Out” discusses the basis of repenting whether in Ramadan and even after Ramadan.
Enjoy the reads and don’t forget to check out the illustrations by Fatma AlHashemi!
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016