Dear Sail Readers,
As we publish our 42nd issue, summer holidays will be over. Employees who take their annual holiday in the summer will be back to their work, refreshed and ready to resume work more effectively. Students will be back to their schools and universities, to a new academic year, with a fresh start, and hopefully, to a very successful year ahead. I hope you all have enjoyed your much needed breaks!
In this issue we welcome a new columnist to our team: Muna AlMulla through her column: Out of Copyright. Muna is a 26-year-old Emirati from Dubai who studied Bachelor’s in Pharmacy in Dubai Women’s College and continued her education in Masters of Innovation and Change Management at Hamdan Bin Mohammed E-University where she graduated with honors. She works as a Senior Executive of Pharmaceutical Services at Dubai Healthcare City and her absolute dream is to create her own business and give back to the community. In her column: “Out of Copyright”, she will be writing about the different life lessons she’s learnt along her life. Muna is also a photographer with a great angle in her shots.
And now, Issue #42 – September 2013 in brief:
- Hidden Promises – Differences: Alia AlHazami shares an experience and tries to send the message that everyone should be allowed to have the freedom of speech.
- Mental Pondering – The Depression: Budoor AlYousuf researches about depression. Everyone has heard of it, most of us have experienced it (whether mildly or strongly), and some of us even know of people who are depressed. However, how much of it do we understand?
- Notes of The Night – “I Have a Question.”: Mustafa Abbas asks the one question that everyone would like the answer to: Do People Change?
- Of Ships and Kings – Overconsumption = Malnutrition: Omar AlOwais explains that overconsumption here, eventually leads to under nutrition elsewhere, his article tackles this issue in simple ways we can apply at our own homes.
- Out of Copyright – This Message Has Been Erased: Muna AlMulla highlights a series of events that has occurred in her life and encourages people to share more of their emotions and feelings.
- The First Years Last Forever – Correctable but Hidden: Ayesha AlJanahi explains that detecting learning disabilities in children in their early years by having a proper evaluation and diagnosis from a qualified professional can help them in lifelong achievement and happiness.
- Tifosi – Javier Zanetti, A Role Model On and Off the Pitch: Khalifa AlHajeri writes about Zanertti who recently celebrated his 40th birthday, he continues to be successful, with grace only matched by other great role models.
Enjoy our reads, and don’t forget to check out our illustrations by our creative team: Dana AlAttar, Fatma AlHashemi, & Maha Bin Fares.
To keep up with our monthly-published issues and to know about any of our coming events, make sure you register with us by clicking here.
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016