Dear Sail Readers,
On 24th of the last month Mubadala has held its 3rd Annual Youth Forum with a great number of esteemed speakers from the community, all of them were sharing their life experiences with an eager audience of youth that are walking into their careers and could use all guidance that they could get. Our columnist Mohammed Kazim has attended the forum and wrote his review about it in this issue, enjoy his review and make sure you do go next year if you missed this year.
For our October issue, we interviewed one of our writers who have ventured off in his new endeavor. We interviewed Khaled Bin Hamad to know more about his new ventures and about his comic book Nasser’s secrets. Read the interview to know what are his new projects.
Also, with our 43rd issue, we are rejoined by one of our old sailors, who sailed away for about a year to an exciting land and now have come back to tell us how it changed her. Haif rejoins us through a new column: Joie de Vivre, which means the joy of living. Check out her first article in that column as she tells us more about her journey.
And now, Issue #43 – October 2013 in brief:
- Art of Living 101 – The Perks of Being an Introvert: Hamda AlHashemi takes us through a journey into the mind of an introvert.
- Feature – Mubadala’s Annual Youth Forum: Mohammed Kazim attended the Youth Forum and shares with us some of his notes and what inspired him through the forum’s speakers.
- Hidden Promises – This Too Shall Pass: Alia AlHazami writes about patience as one of the most important virtues out there, but sadly not all possess it.
- Interview with Khaled Bin Hamad: Khaled Bin Hamad (KBH) is a manga artist, IPad artist, art specialist, and the author of Nasser’s Secrets comic book. He was also a columnist in Sail eMagazine. Join us as we get to know more about his journey and his new endeavors.
- Joie de Vivre – More Than Exist: Haif Zamam only scratches the surface of fear, confusion, anxiety and hope that is associated with trying to do more than what is expected out of us.
- Lost in Reverie – A Barrier Of Self-Belief: Alwid Lootah writes about the key to prevent gossip or judgments from getting to us by creating a barrier of self-belief.
- Mental Pondering – Emotional Suppression: Budoor AlYousuf ponders upon the theory that says humans need to vent and express their emotions, how true is that statement and what are the consequences of keeping everything bottled up?
- Out of Copyright – Manifest Your Universe: Living The Reality You Want!: Muna AlMulla shares an experience and tries to get through the message that people are capable of having the exact life they want, but the need to synergize themselves with positive energy.
- Rebel with A Reason – Reflections: Dubai Abulhoul takes us through different changes in her life and how they were perceived across her life.
- To The Point – Beyond Your Personal Sphere: Mohammed Kazim discusses a shift in mindset that can potentially be disastrous to Muslim peoples and nations. He provides a brief explanation of this shift and 3 possible reversion techniques from Islamic teachings.
Enjoy our reads, and don’t forget to check out our illustrations by our creative team: Anood AlMulla, Dana AlAttar, Fatma AlHashemi, Maha Bin Fares, and Maryam Zainal.
To keep up with our monthly-published issues and to know about any of our coming events, make sure you register with us by clicking here.
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016