As we publish our 46th issue, we are entering a new year, the year of 2014. Some people will reflect back on the previous year to ensure they learned what they can from it, others will jump on planning on for the next year, jotting down all their dreams, hopes, and aspirations, and some other people will take it just like any other day, with no actual significance. Which category do you belong to?
As for us in Sail, we are definitely reflecting on the last year to learn from our mistakes and recognize the good things we might have done; we are also planning out a new year filled with many changes that hopefully would bring out the best in us to the world.
We wish our readers & viewers a great year ahead, filled with everything they dream of from hopes, dreams, and aspirations! And hopefully, many returns to Sail eMagazine for more and more productive reads with our issues!
In this issue, Reem AlSuwaidi joins us as a new columnist with her bi-monthly fashion column: Habillez-Moi(which means “dress me” in French).
Reem is a fashion fanatic. She used her talents of critiquing to start a blog called “We Voice Fashion” along with a partner that shares her views on the world of fashion and design. She likes to explore fashion in a philosophical way at times, often delving deep into a subject that interests her within the field.
She also loves to read novels usually revolving around Russia during the 20th century. Her favorite writers are Sylvia Plath, Shamim Sarif, Edgar Allen Poe and Alexa Chung.
And now, Issue #46 – January 2014 in brief:
- Interview – Interview with FUNN: Sharjah recently experienced a first of its kind event. Omar Al Owais recently conducted an interview with the organizations behind it to find out more about it.
- Habillez-Moi – Questioning The Relevance of Fashion: Reem AlSuwaidi questions the relevance of fashion to our personalities and daily self-expressions.
- Lost In Reverie – Perfection VS Creativity: Alwid Lootah talks about the importance of creativity and how everyone seems to focus on perfection rather than the flourishing of talents and abilities.
- Mental Pondering – The Blunder of the ACC: Budoor AlYousuf writes about the human brain and how it is responsible for all the functions and emotions of a human being. If the brain holds all the emotions, behaviors, and feelings of a person, what is the probability that all of them collide?
- Out of Copyright – 2014: Coming Upon Us, Start Over With Yourself!: Muna AlMulla shares the idea of being happy in the upcoming year. She provides few steps for a more fulfilling optimistic beginning to the 2014.
- Tifosi – The Impact of Hosting Major International Sports Events: Khalifa AlHajeri examines the positives and negatives on any city when hosting a major international sport event.
- To The Point – Maintaining Prosperity Through Cooperation: Mohammed Kazim explains how working with different people creates fertile ground for prosperity. He continues to show that the differences between the native and expatriate communities can possibly hurt this path to prosperity and explains possible ways of avoiding it.
Enjoy our reads, and don’t forget to check out our illustrations by our creative team: Anood AlMulla, Dana Al Attar, Hayat AlHassan, Maha Bin Fares, and Marwa Fadhel.
To keep up with our monthly-published issues and to know about any of our coming events, make sure you register with us by clicking here.
Help us spread the word about the magazine and share the articles with your friends!
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016