August has finally arrived, to some it’s good news cause now Ramadan is over, and as much as we loved it, but our work and our sleeping systems do get a little shaken up with it, and now that it’s over and back to regular hours and caffeine supplies across the day, let’s bring back the productivity and full energy.
To some, August is great news as they finally go on their summer holidays, to have their break that they’ve been longing for all through the year. If you’re one of those, make sure you completely disconnect to have the most out of this break, and come back as fresh and fully recharged as possible.
What are your plans for the summer? How will you be handling the heat? Share with us by commenting below to spread valuable suggestions to our readers!
This month Moza AlMatrooshi is joining Sail team as a columnist. Moza is an Emarati artist and designer. After attaining a BA from Zayed University Dubai in Interior Design in June 2013, she began her journey in trying to find a place in the creative industry in the UAE, starting with catching a plane to Italy to intern in the UAE Pavilion in the Venice Art Biennale 2013. Since then Moza has dabbled in several experiences such as architecture, design, event planning, art exhibitions, and writing for independent publications. Moza continues to journey through life, art, and design.
With mass production sweeping the globe, artisanal talents struggle to retain relevancy. Moza’s column: “The Heart of Making” celebrates the beauty and human value added to a product that is created with skilled hands.
And now to our 53rd issue for the month of August 2014:
- Feature – Timez5: The Medical Praying Mat: Budoor AlYousuf finds that knee and back pain are very common problems in the Arab region due to people’s lifestyle; gradually the increase of this pain makes it difficult to pray. The solution is a physiological prayer mate developed by Timez5.
- Interview – Takatof Volunteers: Omar AlOwais interviews some Emirati volunteers from Takatof to give us an insight into the volunteering scene in the United Arab Emirates.
- Ebb and Flow – The One On Weight Loss: Dr. Mariam Ketait takes a quick look on why we gain weight and what stops us from losing it.
- Hidden Promises – The Iceberg Theory: Alia AlHazami emphasizes the need to dig deeper and not only focus on the surface.
- Joie de Vivre – Challenge Accepted; The Joy In Being Happy: Haif Zamzam shares her experience with going through the 100 happy days challenge.
- Little Doses of Happiness – A Delicious And Healthy Kick-Starter: Sidiqa Sohail shares her parfait experience. It is so sweet, creamy, and delicious that you’d be forgiven for mistaking it for a sugar-filled and calorie-laden sinful treat.
- Live Out Loud – The Pursuit of Success: Sarah AlMarashi explores the definition of success and invites the reader to visit a new perspective.
- Lost in Reverie – The Power Of A Unit: Alwid Lootah expresses the strength in being a united group rather than a single individual with a dream and how finding people with the same goals as yours could make your future brighter.
- The Heart Of Making – The Tailor: Moza AlMatrooshi visits a small tailoring shop and enters its back-room to reveal the process of the tailor and what he tailors.
- The Words Within – About That Selfie: Bahar Al Awadhi looks at how people are allowing social media to take over their lives through its incessant use and reliance for acceptance and validation.
Hats off to our amazing editorial team: Aida AlBusaidy and Dhabya AlMuhairi. Enjoy our reads, and don’t forget to check out our inspired artworks by our creative team: Dana AlAttar, Hayat AlHassan, Marwa Fuad, led by Maryam Zainal.
To keep up with our monthly-published issues and to know about any of our coming events, make sure you register with us by clicking here.
Help us spread the word about the magazine and share the articles with your friends!
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016