As we publish our September issue, schools and universities are staring a new academic year; most students and even employees in their corporate jobs are now returning after what I hope was a refreshing holiday. Did you make the most of it? Did you shake off all the stress and exhaustion of the entire academic year or the working year? Are you ready to come back fresh and productive? Well then, let’s get started!
I found that a recurring theme between this issue’s articles has to do in a way or another about gratitude, and even for myself, I’ve been realizing more and more how amazingly it reflects on our lives the moment we acknowledge all the good we already have and we become explicitly thankful for them. And this is something that was endorsed universally and on all levels by successful business people, celebrities, spiritual thought leaders, medical doctors, and most of all, almost all religions. So our readers, how about we all take the time to be more thankful and grateful for everything we have? And not just generally thankful, no, take the time to write down what you’re thankful for on a daily basis, and you will notice the change in your life to the better.
This month, Maitha AlMuhairi joins us as a new columnist in Sail Team. Maitha is an avid reader who has always dreamt of being a recognized novelist and poet. For the last decade she focused on HR as a career, which has taken her away from her dream, but it’s never too late. Her column Pocket full of Books focuses on book reviews and doesn’t necessarily focus on a specific genre. Putting pen to paper Maitha has started writing her first Young Adults Fantasy novel.
And now to our 54th issue for the month of September 2014:
- Feature – Timez5: The Scientific Praying Mat: Budoor AlYousuf tells us about Timez5 praying mat, whichpositively affects its user by reducing pain, increasing energy and changing posture. This is due to the unique and scientific design of the mat.
- Ebb & Flow – On Diabetes: Dr. Mariam Ketait gives an overview of the medical condition that’s affecting the lives of many.
- Habillez Moi – Designer Collaborations: Reem AlSuwaidi states the benefits of designer collaborations for buyers and sellers.
- Hidden Promises – Label Me: Alia AlHazami expresses the need to put a worth on every word uttered by oneself.
- Little Doses of Happiness – 5 Easy Ways to Personalize Your Home: Sidiqa Sohail gives us 5 very easy ways to add our own touch on our decor to make our houses instantly feel like home.
- Live Out Loud – Counting Your Blessings: Sarah AlMarashi explores the power of gratitude and the benefits associated with living life in a space of thankfulness.
- Lost in Reverie – At Peace With Reality: Alwid Lootah speaks from experience about how one should accept the reality he or she lives in and become at peace with it.
- Notes of The Night – The Luxury of Boredom & The Illusion of Time: Mustafa Abbas explains in his opinion how boredom is not a negative feeling, but the result of many positive events.
- Out of Copyright – What Would I Do With One Day Left To Live?: Muna AlMulla discusses the probability of people having one day to live, and how they can turn their life around and do what they have always dreamt of starting today.
- Pocket Full of Books – Reality, the Reflection and the Two Moons: Maitha AlMuhairi gives a her book review about Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84, a novel of an alternate history.
- The Heart of Making – The Bread Maker: Moza AlMatrooshi takes us through the inviting whiff of baked dough wrangles all the way into a modest-sized bread bakery where all that is left is sweet doughy surrender.
- To A Better Tomorrow – Memories; Are They All True?: Have you ever been in a situation where you remember something that did not actually occur? Salma Bin Faqqas researches into ‘False Memories’, what are they and how do they form?
- To The Point – Why Settle for Mediocre?: Mohammed Kazim discusses the impact of settling down as a community on our development and progress.
Hats off to our amazing editorial team: Aida AlBusaidy and Dhabya AlMuhairi. Enjoy our reads, and don’t forget to check out our inspired artworks by our creative team: Dana AlAttar, Hayat AlHassan, Marwa Fuad, led by Maryam Zainal.
To keep up with our monthly-published issues and to know about any of our coming events, make sure you register with us by clicking here.
Help us spread the word about the magazine and share the articles with your friends!
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016