With this new issue, we mark the 5th year anniversary milestone, and we couldn’t be prouder of every member we had along the way, every reader, every person who showed interest in Sail and appreciated it in this journey.
As we enter our 5th year we have grown from an online magazine with a team of two members, to a publishing house of digital books and magazines, as well as a print issue licensed for distribution, and a team of about 40 Emirati members. If that isn’t something to celebrate, then I don’t know what is. And celebrate we did.
Last week we hosted our readers, fans, and those who have been with us along the journey, to celebrate this milestone with them, and to share with them why we do what we do, the achievements we’ve accomplished so far, and where we are taking Sail from here. We also distributed our new 2015 print issue, which will soon be sold in UAE’s bookshops and outlets. If you didn’t get your copy, we will soon announce on our social media the selling outlets of our new issue.
Here are some of the pictures taken in the event:
In this month we are joined by a new columnist: Nasser AlFalasi with his column: “Just A Nassasry”. Nasser’s undergrad was in Financial Services at the Higher Colleges of Technology. He then pursued his graduate studies at NYU, concentrating in global affairs with a specialization in international relations and transnational security. His major interests include history and global affairs. Most of his column articles will be in regards to those topics.
And now to our 60th issue for the month of March 2015:
- Guest Article – WOW-Man!: Aida Al Busaidy focuses on how women empowerment begins with young girls and the ones who raise them, as opposed to creating platforms to empower them later on in their lives.
- Ebb and Flow – Healthy Hearts: Dr. Mariam Ketait shares with us healthy living tips for a healthy heart.
- Emirati Reflections – Women in The UAE: Abdulla AlWahedi talks about the role of women in the development of the Emirati society and their achievements since the formation of the Union back in 1971.
- Finding The Balance – Working and Expecting: Fatma AlKhaja takes us through how women can manage at work when they learn that they’re expecting a baby. What questions do you ask yourself in order to maintain a healthy home-work balance?
- Habillez Moi – Is Couture Losing Its Charm?: Reem Al Suwaidi discusses the supposed downhill of haute couture in fashion.
- Hidden Promises – The Fault in Our Systems: Alia AlHazami pens down her concerns about how the youth is dealing with education.
- Just a Nassasary – Transnational Terrorism: Nasser AlFalasi debates the relation between terrorism & religion, and proves with research that terrorism is actually driven from political occupation or social degradation rather than the religion of Islam itself.
- Live Out Loud – The Power of Hope: Sarah AlMarashi explores the power of hope and the importance of it in our lives as a motivational factor that keeps us as human beings moving forward and trying again.
- Musings of an Entrepreneur – The E-word and 5 Lessons, Part 2: Sidiqa Sohail shares with us 5 more lessons she learnt within the first two months of starting a business. A continuation of her January’s article.
- Of Ships and Kings – Ihsan: Are monetary donations more beneficial than volunteerism? Omar Al Owais explores.
- Pocket Full of Books – The Joy Luck Club, A Book Review: Maitha AlMuhairi shares her book review on “The Joy Luck Club”.
- The Words Within – Behind The Sheilah: Bahar AlAwadhi looks at how Emirati women are being blamed for failed marriages when efforts should be made on finding ways to adapt to the changing needs of society.
- Tifosi – A Fan in A New City: Khalifa AlHajeri exploring the sensation of being a fan in a city known for it’s sporting culture
Hats off to our incredible editorial team: Aida Al Busaidy, Dhabya AlMuhairi, and Deena Rashid. Enjoy our reads, and don’t forget to check out the inspired artworks by our talented creative team: Amna AlSaleh, Dana AlAttar, Hayat AlHassan, Marwa Fuad, led by Maryam Zainal.
To keep up with our monthly-published issues and to know about any of our coming events, make sure you register with us by clicking here.
Help us spread the word about the magazine and share the articles with your friends!
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016