As you may have noticed by now, we’ve changed the way we run Sail Magazine. We now publish more regularly and have spread out the articles of the monthly issue across the month as many readers requested. We hope you like the new approach and enjoy reading Sail Magazine better with it.
As we approach now mid of the holy month of Ramadan, I hope you are adjusting well to it and have made the best out of it. This month is always a chance to cleanse our souls and bodies from all the negativity and toxics of life. I wish you all a great productive Ramadan.
And now to our 63rd issue for the month of June 2015:
- Sail Authors Discussion Panel Review – Find our what happened on our Sail authors discussion panel, the main points discussed, along with links to the full video, and all the pictures taken.
- Guest Article – It’s About Getting Back Up: Alia Al Shamsi talks about how her experience with boxing helped her get back on her feet, reconnect with herself, and focus on what matters again.
- Accentuate Your Beauty – Filtrated Necessities: Deema AlMheiri shares with us the list of makeup items that are essential for daily looks.
- Beyond Inspiration – In My Defense for the Buck: AlAnoud AlMadhi argues against those who claim that money is “evil”, and explains what we should truly worry about.
- Ebb and Flow – Skin Problems: Dr. Mariam Ketait explains what causes acne and how to prevent and treat it.
- Emirati Reflections – The Newspaper Man: Abdulla Al Wahedi tells us the story of newspaper salesman on the streets of Ras Alkhaimah whose job has been affected by legislations and competitions with online media.
- Finding The Balance – Working and Expecting II: Fatma AlKhaja talks about the dilemma of a being a stay at home mum or work in an inflexible job towards maternity needs.
- Hidden Promises – The F Word (Failure): Alia Al Hazami discusses her take on what failure truly is.
- The First Years Last Forever – What Happens Online Stays On Google Forever: Ayesha Al Janahi explains why children and adolescents who share personal content online can get exposed to predatory risks and can destroy their image for a lifetime.
- Of Ships and Kings – Ramadan and Final Exams: Omar Al Owais discusses the benefits of attending school during Ramadan.
- Musings of an Entrepreneur – A Dilemma on the Commercialization of Ramadan: Sidiqa Sohail faces a dilemma, should she stick to her long-time opinion against the commercialization of Ramadan or should she jump on that bandwagon?
- Pocket Full of Books – Book Review on Eat. Nourish. Grow.: Maitha Al Muhairi the author shares with us her book review on “Eat. Nourish. Glow”, about healthy eating lifestyle.
Hats off to our great editorial team: Aida Al Busaidy, and Deena Rashid. Enjoy our reads, and don’t forget to check out the inspired artworks by our talented creative team: Aalaa AlBastaki, Farah AlBalooshi, Hayat AlHassan, Marwa Fuad, led by Dana Al Attar.
To keep up with our monthly-published issues and to know about any of our coming events, make sure you register with us by clicking here.
Help us spread the word about the magazine and share the articles with your friends!
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016