Ramadan has left us just two weeks ago, and summer has now officially started for many. There are those who will travel away for a month to change scenery and refresh themselves, and there are those who will stay in town due to other commitments, or because they simply love staying back home. Whatever it is you choose to do, just ensure you do take the mental break needed to come back or to continue your work or your study fresh and new. Explore your surroundings, find new adventures, and new experiences, they all help refresh your mindset and mood for a new start.
As we continue to grow Sail, between the main Sail Magazine, the sister magazine: By The Masses, and our books publishing arm on SailPubishing.com, we’d love to hear from our readers what areas they’d love to see more of on Sail, topics they like to see discussed more often, and any other suggestions you may have in mind, please do share them with us, either on any of our social media links on twitter, instagram, or facebook, or directly to our email.
We’d like to welcome our new columnist Moza Al Samahi with her column: Reflections of the Mind. Eager learner with two academic achievements: Bachelors in Management (AUS) & Masters in International Business (Brunel University, London), Mozah is an insightful motivated individual who enjoys spreading her thoughts out loud by being a spontaneous wanderer in life’s journey. Her column is based on the changing issues facing the Emirati society especially the youth. She is an adventurous who is eager to spread positivity and creativity. Mozah doesn’t believe in the word “impossible”.
And now to our 64th issue for the month of July 2015:
- Just A Nassasary – You, I & Us: Nasser Al Falasi talks about the importance of setting up a common societal goal as means to progress by studying historic and recent examples of tolerance or division in societies.
- Emirati Reflections – Ramadan, Then and Now: Abdullah al Wahedi reminiscences about the traditions of Ramadan during his childhood.
- The Words Within – See No Evil, Smell No Evil: Bahar AlAwadhi looks at the local laws imposed on eating and drinking during fasting hours in Ramadan and ponders as to whether such drastic measures are really necessary.
- Habillez Moi – The Secret Behind Ramadan Collections: Reem Al Suwaidi takes a closer look at why Ramadan collections are extremely sought-after.
- Heart of The Making – The Arabian Headpiece ‘Ugal’ Maker: Moza AlMatrooshi visits an Ugalor, Arabian male headpiece maker, and explores the contemporary process of making it, as well as its past functions.
- Lost In Reverie – Words to Self: Alwid Lootah explains how what you repeat to yourself is what you become.
- Pocket Full of Books – “How To Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting To Kill You” Book Review: Maitha Al Muhairi gives us her book review on Matthew Inman’s “How To Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting To Kill You”
- Pocket Full of Books – “To Kill A Mocking Bird” Book Review: Maitha Al Muhairi reviews the literature classic “To Kill A Mocking Bird” by Harper Lee.
- Reflections of The Mind – Is the Emirati Dialect at Risk of Disappearing?: Mozah Al Samahi discusses the threat of Emirati dialect being lost as a result of globalization.
- Musings of an Entrepreneur – Avoiding Burnout By Focusing On Your Talents: Sidiqa Sohail explains the importance of focusing on your skills and taking time out to unwind, to ultimately benefit your business.
- Uno Momento – Frozen’s Motto: Let it Go: Shurooq AlBanna ponders on the possibility that Disney films offer some wise life advice worth considering by adults.
Hats off to our great editorial team: Aida Al Busaidy, and Deena Rashid. Enjoy our reads, and don’t forget to check out the inspired artworks by our talented creative team: Aalaa AlBastaki, Amna AlSaleh, Farah AlBalooshi, Hayat AlHassan, led by Dana Al Attar.
To keep up with our monthly-published issues and to know about any of our coming events, make sure you register with us by clicking here.
Help us spread the word about the magazine and share the articles with your friends!
Iman Ben Chaibah
Editor in Chief
Latest posts by Iman Ben Chaibah (@ImanBenChaibah) (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why I Would Enroll My Daughter in Sharjah Girl Guides (@ShjGirlGuides) - December 7, 2016
- Lieutenant General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina Passes Away - November 25, 2016
- 5 Ways Millennials Can Secure Their Future Financially - September 21, 2016