Have you ever dreamed about getting your writing out to the world, read by many people, stirring discussion?
Now you have that chance!
Join us in our exciting writing competition, where you will be given a chance to publish your own article on the Sail Magazine website AND win a free copy of our yearly print magazine!
AND…That’s not ALL!
Depending on the themes we will be tackling in our next print issue of Sail, the winning article might be considered for publishing in our next print magazine issue.
Do NOT miss this chance to indulge in your creative side and inspire us!
The theme we have chosen for the competition is “memories”. You have to write an article, in which you go back to a memory that is very valuable to you. Based on this occasion, explain how this memory or occasion helped you become more self-fulfilled. How did this encounter change you as a person? What were the positive and negative implications? Why was the encounter so significant that it resonated very strongly in your mind? After addressing what was discussed earlier, come up with tips for individuals as well as groups of people to help them enrich their daily lives.
You can approach the theme of “memories” however you want to, but here are some considerations that you need to take into account:
- The article should abide by UAE’s cultural values and should not have any content that could offend these values.
- The competition is only open for UAE residents.
- The article should not be written as a short story, it should be structured in an article format.
- The article should have recommendations that readers will take away and learn from.
- The article should not exceed 550 words. You can only exceed this word count if you have research and references. In that case, you can write up to 700 words.
How to submit:
Please send your entry to info@SailEMagazine.com, the article submission should be in a word document attached in the email, the word document should include: the article title, one line summary about the article, the name of the author, the social media handles of the author, and of course the written article. Please use Times New Roman font, size 12, and 1.5 spacing. The email subject must in the following format: [Competition (Author’s Name-Article Title)].
All entries must be submitted by July 18th 2016, 8:00 a.m. Articles submitted after this deadline will be disregarded.
Terms and Conditions:
- All participants must be UAE residents (to receive the prize).
- All submissions must include a picture, but the picture must be taken by the writer and must be in high quality and resolution. You may not insert anything borrowed from the Internet or subject to copyrights.
- By submitting an entry, the rights to your article will be transferred to Sail Publishing L.L.C.
- Winners will be contacted via email prior to their article being published.
- Sail has the right to edit the entries to fit in with the magazine’s content. Winners will not be notified about the edits. Edits will not drastically change the author’s work.